A lot of exciting things are happening here at Healthy Smiles, one of them being the new addition to our state of the art tool kit for precision dentistry :
The revolutionary iLase dental laser features include:
- iLase reduces healing time from a few weeks to just a few days and there is no need for sutures (stitches).
- Minimizes discomfort, bleeding and swelling by using the high energy light encouraging the blood to clot instantaneously (coagulation).
- There is almost no interference with any medical conditions or medication when performing laser treatments and is hence safer than most other surgical options
- Its state of the art technology shortens procedure time spent in the chair for the patient.
- The laser’s light beam sterilizes the area that is worked on, killing all bacteria, and has the added benefit of reducing any post operative risk of infection. And all the whilst achieving the BEST POSSIBLE result.
You may be wondering what procedures may require using the iLase; well it’s used ideally for procedures requiring incisions for example:
- Lengthening a tooth for either a crown placement or for creating a more aesthetically appealing smile.
- It is also commonly used for gingivectomies, which is any sort of removal of gingiva (gums, see link below)
- Treatment of periodontal pockets – caused by gum disease
- and also to stop bleeding from sockets and wounds after an extraction.
- LASER is also perfect for stages of implant procedures and also to expose unerupted teeth.
These are just to name a few benefits and uses of the new iLase joining our surgery. If you would like to know more please feel free to have a look around our website for information at www.healthysmiles.com.au or feel free to call and speak to one of our dentists to know more and how it could benefit you at your next appointment.
For an example of the iLase being used in a procedure check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg_h0gdPixE
Visit Our Dental Clinic at Blackburn in Melbourne OR Call us on 03 9877 2035.